PEARL RIVER, NY – Together with Atlantic Health System and Kindred Healthcare, Holt Construction marked the completion of Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute, a brand-new state-of-the-art inpatient rehabilitation hospital. Holt Construction worked directly for Bremner Real Estate, a national real estate developer with expertise in health care buildings.
- A therapeutic courtyard, featuring different surfaces to practice real-world walking, such as gravel, paver stones, a putting green, a ramp and stairs, and a simulated curb with a wheelchair cutout
- Bionic, assisted movement systems that help patients to regain movement
- A spacious, state-of the art gym with ceiling lifts and new equipment
- A simulated home space, with a full kitchen, bathroom with standing shower and bathtub, and a washer and dryer, to practice how to return to home life
- A dedicated ADL Suite (Activities of Daily Living), which allows patients to spend the night in a simulated home environment, to prepare for a return to home activities
- Bariatric rooms which feature extra wide door frames, bathrooms, beds and other features designed for obese patients
- A secured and monitored brain injury unit with a dedicated gym
- All rooms are private, with their own showers, and all rooms are monitored
- Emergency power for the facility
The hospital was also designed to accommodate visiting families, with several meeting spaces, as well as amenities such as the putting green and basketball court, which both patients and their families can enjoy.